TI Media and L'Espresso sign broadcasting tie-up deal
MILAN (Reuters) - Italy's Telecom Italia Media and L'Espresso said on Wednesday they had signed a deal to merge their digital broadcasting activities, creating a company with solid cash flow and annual revenues of 100 million euros.
Under the terms of the agreement, TI Media, a unit of phone company Telecom Italia, will owns 70 percent of the new entity and L'Espresso the remaining 30 percent, they said in a joint statement.
The operation would bring together five national bandwidth assets, also known as multiplexes, and generate significant industrial synergies, they said.
Mediobanca and Intesa Sanpaolo's Banca IMI advised on the deal.
(Reporting by Francesca Landini, editing by Danilo Masoni)
- Qatar adamant it will host 2022 World Cup despite doubts
- Argentina's Fernandez to meet billionaire investor Soros in New York
- New Jersey hiker killed by black bear: police
- Exclusive: Iran seeks give and take on Islamic State militants, nuclear program
- Islamic State urges attacks on U.S., French citizens, taunts Obama