Flyers book postseason berth with win over Panthers
(Reuters) - The Philadelphia Flyers clinched a playoff berth with a 5-2 victory over the Florida Panthers on Tuesday.
Claude Giroux scored two goals and Steve Mason made 38 saves to lead the Flyers to the win. Philadelphia will return to the postseason after failing to qualify last year.
The Flyers (41-29-9) are sixth in the Eastern Conference and trail the fifth-placed New York Rangers by two points with three games remaining.
(Writing by Jahmal Corner in Los Angeles; Editing by Peter Rutherford)
- Gaza fighting abates as diplomatic tension flares |
- Hague court orders Russia to pay $50 billion in Yukos case
- Pushing locals aside, Russians take top rebel posts in east Ukraine
- Europe subdued, Russia shares tumble on new sanctions
- Fighting complicates Ukraine crash probe, U.S., EU prepare Russia sanctions |