One child dead in hit-and-run crash at Orlando, Florida day care
ORLANDO, Florida (Reuters) - One child died and a dozen people were injured in a hit-and-run crash at an Orlando-area day care center on Wednesday afternoon, according to media reports citing hospital officials.
The 13 victims, mostly children, were hospitalized after a car crashed into the day care center, an official with the Florida Highway Patrol said.
The condition of several of the injured victims was "very, very serious," added highway patrol spokeswoman Cindy Williams.
(Reporting by Barbara Liston; Writing by David Adams; Editing by Eric Walsh)
- Nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail |
- Suspect in Pennsylvania police ambush captured after seven-week manhunt
- Japan shares soar, yen skids after BOJ stuns with new easing steps
- Oil price declines have small-cap shale investors scrambling
- China says nets 180 graft suspects in overseas manhunt