One child dead in hit-and-run crash at Orlando, Florida day care
ORLANDO, Florida (Reuters) - One child died and a dozen people were injured in a hit-and-run crash at an Orlando-area day care center on Wednesday afternoon, according to media reports citing hospital officials.
The 13 victims, mostly children, were hospitalized after a car crashed into the day care center, an official with the Florida Highway Patrol said.
The condition of several of the injured victims was "very, very serious," added highway patrol spokeswoman Cindy Williams.
(Reporting by Barbara Liston; Writing by David Adams; Editing by Eric Walsh)
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon
- National Guard start pullout as protests in Ferguson turn calmer |
- British Muslims blame jihadi subculture after beheading video |
- U.S. aid workers who survived Ebola leave Atlanta hospital |
- Class action against Facebook attracts 60,000 users