Cogeco Cable Q2 profit rises 18 pct on data services expansion
April 9 (Reuters) - Cogeco Cable Inc, a Canadian cable TV, internet and phone services provider, reported a 18 percent rise in second-quarter profit due to contribution from its expansion into data services and its U.S. cable business.
Net profit rose to C$60.4 million ($55 million), or C$1.23 per share, in the quarter ended Feb. 28, from C$51 million, or C$1.04 per share, a year earlier.
Revenue rose 13 percent to C$486 million.
($1 = 1.10 Canadian dollars) (Reporting By Shubhankar Chakravorty in Bangalore; Editing by Cynthia Osterman)
- Scots vote on independence, United Kingdom's fate on knife-edge |
- Australian PM says police raids follow IS linked beheading plot |
- Chinese hacked U.S. military contractors: Senate panel
- China not warlike, says Xi, as border standoff dominates India trip
- IMF warns of risks from 'excessive' financial market bets