BlackRock has 6.85 pct of Italy's EI Towers - watchdog
MILAN, April 10
MILAN, April 10 (Reuters) - U.S. investment fund BlackRock has a 6.85 percent stake in the EI Towers unit of Italian broadcaster Mediaset, according to filings of market regulator Consob released on Thursday.
The stake was bought by the U.S. group on April 4, Consob said.
Last week Mediaset raised 284 million euros ($393 million) from the sale of a 25 percent stake in its broadcasting towers unit EI Towers.
A financial source said then that a third of the offer had been taken up by U.S. investors.
With Italy's economy slowly emerging from a deep recession, foreign funds including BlackRock are buying stakes in its companies and banks. ($1 = 0.7234 Euros) (Reporting by Stephen Jewkes; editing by Francesca Landini)
- Tesla prevails in top Massachusetts court over direct sales
- Obama to deploy 3,000 troops as Ebola crisis worsens
- Russia needs government investment to avoid recession, says former finance minister
- World stocks hit one-month low, caution ahead of Fed
- Ahead of independence vote, Britain pledges state funding to Scotland |