UK Stocks-Factors to watch on April 10
LONDON, April 10
LONDON, April 10 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening 10 to 12 points higher, or as much as 0.2 percent, on Thursday, according to financial bookmakers. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on
* The UK blue chip index closed up 44.92 points, or 0.7 percent, at 6,635.61 points on Wednesday.
* ROYAL BANK OF SCOTLAND - The bank has agreed to pay 1.5 billion pounds ($2.5 billion) to cancel an arrangement that gives the government priority over dividends, clearing an obstacle to the lender's eventual privatisation.
* ROYAL MAIL - Britain's newly-privatised Royal Mail warned an investigation into a rival's complaint over wholesale mail price rises would lead to a long period of uncertainty around the prices it charges other postal operators.
* London nickel extended gains to a fresh one year high on Thursday as investors raised bullish bets after signs of stress in Chinese stainless steel markets following a ban on exports from top ore exporter Indonesia.
* Brent futures eased towards $107 a barrel on Thursday on weak China trade data and as investors booked profits after gains of 2 percent in the past two days.
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for: * 3000 Xtra : visit topnews.session.rservices.com * BridgeStation: view story .134 For more information on Top News visit topnews.reuters.com (Reporting by Atul Prakash; Editing by Sudip Kar-Gupta)
- Islamic State executes soldiers, takes hostages at Syria base: social media |
- Breakthrough hopes dented as Ukraine accuses Russia of new incursion |
- Gaza truce holding but Israel's Netanyahu under fire at home |
- WHO shuts Sierra Leone lab after worker infected with Ebola
- Ukraine warns Europe of Russian gas cut-off, Moscow denies