US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St opens flat after jobless claims data
NEW YORK, April 10
NEW YORK, April 10 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks opened little changed on Thursday as a positive read on weekly jobless claims was offset by some disappointing corporate earnings, including from Bed, Bath & Beyond.
The Dow Jones industrial average was down 21.48 points, or 0.13 percent, at 16,415.70. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was down 1.94 points, or 0.10 percent, at 1,870.24. The Nasdaq Composite Index was down 4.31 points, or 0.10 percent, at 4,179.59.
- China food scandal spreads, drags in Starbucks, Burger King and McNuggets in Japan |
- Israel pounds Gaza despite international peace efforts |
- Train with MH17 bodies on final journey reaches Ukraine base |
- Bodies, black boxes handed over from Ukraine crash site |
- Islamic State crushes and coerces on march towards Baghdad