Ardagh wins U.S. go-ahead to buy Saint Gobain unit
WASHINGTON, April 10
WASHINGTON, April 10 (Reuters) - The European packaging company Ardagh Group S.A. won U.S. antitrust approval to buy Saint-Gobain Containers Inc after agreeing to sell six of its nine glass container manufacturing plants, the Federal Trade Commission said on Thursday.
The FTC, which investigated the deal to determine if it was legal under antitrust law, sued in July to stop Ardagh's proposed $1.7 billion purchase of Saint-Gobain's U.S. glass container business.
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon |
- Moscow defies Kiev, orders aid convoy onto Ukrainian soil
- British Muslims blame jihadi subculture after beheading video |
- National Guard start pullout as protests in Ferguson turn calmer |