SINGAPORE PRESS-Telcos make greater play for startup scene-Business Times
StarHub Ltd and Singapore Telecommunications Ltd are both gunning for a larger piece of the Silicon Valley-esque startup action, the Business Times reported on Thursday.
Come May, StarHub will throw open the doors of its new crowdfunding site, Crowdtivate, to the public. Similar to established players Kickstarter and Indiegogo, Crowdtivate will be a platform for entrepreneurs and artists to get financial help from just about anyone with money to spare.
NOTE: Reuters has not verified this story and does not vouch for its accuracy. (Compiled by Singapore Newsroom)
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- U.S. immigration protesters drop U.S. border blockade plan
- About 60,000 Syrian Kurds flee to Turkey from Islamic State advance |
- Secret Service investigates after man jumps White House fence, reaches doors
- Kentucky firefighter dies after ice bucket challenge accident