Putin: there can be no delay in solving Ukraine gas debt problem
MOSCOW, April 10
MOSCOW, April 10 (Reuters) - President Vladimir Putin has told European leaders there can be no delay in solving the problem of Ukraine's debt for Russian natural gas, Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said on Thursday.
"The situation is urgent," Peskov said after Putin sent a letter expressing deep concern about Ukraine's $2.2 billion gas debt and a possible impact on the transit of Russian gas to the European Union.
(Reporting by Alexei Anishchuk, Writing by Steve Gutterman, Editing by Timothy Heritage)
- U.S. immigration protesters drop U.S. border blockade plan
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Defeated nationalist leader says Scots 'tricked' out of independence
- Selling Mitch McConnell: What's love got to do with it?
- Kurds issue new call to arms against Islamic State in Syria |