Amazon to buy digital comic book publisher comiXology
SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Amazon.com Inc will buy New York-based digital comic book publisher comiXology for an undisclosed sum to beef up its entertainment content.
The deal, announced on Thursday, is expected to close in the second quarter.
ComiXology, which makes one of the top grossing apps for Apple Inc's iPad tablet, was founded in 2007. The acquisition comes as e-commerce company expands its slate of scripted shows and video games. Last week, it launched the Fire TV video streaming device.
(Reporting by Deepa Seetharaman; Editing by Steve Orlofsky)
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, people leave early
- Two arrested in death of Saudi student in California: report
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, some leave early
- Former 'American Idol' contestant Joanne Borgella dies at 32
- IBM to pay Globalfoundries $1.5 bln to take chip unit off its hands -WSJ