China's Fosun plans $668 million rights issue for refinancing
HONG KONG (Reuters) - Chinese conglomerate Fosun International Ltd (0656.HK) said it is planning a rights issue worth up to HK$5.18 billion ($668.1 million), seeking capital for refinancing and for general corporate purposes.
The insurance-to-industrial operation group will issue up to 531.1 million rights shares, with 39 rights shares allotted for every 500 existing shares held, it said in a filing to the Hong Kong bourse late on Wednesday.
The rights shares will be issued at HK$9.76 each, which was the shares' last closing price.
For the full statement, please click (link.reuters.com/zah48v)
Last week, a German daily cited Fosun Chairman Guo Guangchang as saying the company is interested in acquiring German companies in the environment technology sector.
($1 = 7.7531 Hong Kong Dollars)
(Reporting by Donny Kwok; Editing by Edwina Gibbs)
- Comedian Joan Rivers 'resting comfortably' at hospital |
- IBM launches Watson system for research, hopes for breakthroughs
- In town halls, U.S. lawmakers hear voter anger over illegal migrants |
- Separatists say will allow 'trapped' Ukrainian forces to withdraw |
- Obama says does not yet have broad strategy for Islamic State