IAC increases stake in Tinder -report
April 11 (Reuters) - Shares of Barry Diller's IAC/InterActive Corp rose as much as 3.2 percent to $70.57 on Friday after it increased its stake in the popular dating app Tinder, according to a Bloomberg report.
IAC bought another 10 percent of Tinder for $500 million, valuing the company at $5 billion, the report said. It added that IAC's market capitalization is about $5.6 billion.
A representative from IAC did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
IAC's stock later trimmed its gains to trade at $69.15, up 1.1 percent.
Tinder has about 10 million users who signed up with their Facebook accounts. The app matches other users based on their geographic location.
(Reporting by Jennifer Saba in New York; Editing by Dan Grebler)
- U.S. immigration protesters drop U.S. border blockade plan
- UK's Cameron shifts tack on constitutional shake-up to mollify Scots
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Selling Mitch McConnell: What's love got to do with it?
- Islamic State closes in on Syrian town, refugees flood into Turkey |