Daimler starts production of electric B-Class
FRANKFURT (Reuters) - Daimler has started series production of its B-Class electric car, it said on Friday, with a planned launch of the vehicle in the United States in mid-2014, followed by deliveries in Germany later in the year.
The five-seater compact, which is being made in Rastatt, Germany, will have a driving range of around 200 kilometers before the battery needs to be recharged, Daimler said.
(Reporting by Edward Taylor; Editing by Greg Mahlich)
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Easter Island's ancient inhabitants weren't so lonely after all
- Medical worker quarantined in New Jersey under new Ebola safeguards |