Daimler starts production of electric B-Class
FRANKFURT (Reuters) - Daimler has started series production of its B-Class electric car, it said on Friday, with a planned launch of the vehicle in the United States in mid-2014, followed by deliveries in Germany later in the year.
The five-seater compact, which is being made in Rastatt, Germany, will have a driving range of around 200 kilometers before the battery needs to be recharged, Daimler said.
(Reporting by Edward Taylor; Editing by Greg Mahlich)
- Study of smoking cancer patients fuels e-cigarette debate
- Alibaba IPO ranks as world's biggest after additional shares sold
- Islamic State closes in on Syrian town, refugees flood into Turkey |
- Exclusive: Iran seeks give and take on Islamic State militants, nuclear program
- Accused White House intruder is decorated Iraq war veteran