Sony warns of battery fire risk in Vaio PCs launched in February
TOKYO (Reuters) - Sony Corp on Friday urged customers to stop using a model of its Vaio computers launched in February, saying there was a risk that the battery would catch fire.
Sony said in a statement it had shipped 25,905 of the Vaio Fit 11A in 52 countries since its launch.
Sony said three PCs had caught on fire around the battery pack, which was manufactured by Panasonic Corp.
(Reporting by Reiji Murai; Writing by Edmund Klamann; Editing by Miral Fahmy)
- Washington state teen shooter's family living in 'nightmare'
- Suspect in two California deputy deaths charged with murder, carjacking
- U.S. nurse quarantined over Ebola criticizes her treatment |
- Iraqi security forces and Kurds gain ground against Islamic State
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting