Sony warns of battery fire risk in Vaio PCs launched in February
TOKYO (Reuters) - Sony Corp on Friday urged customers to stop using a model of its Vaio computers launched in February, saying there was a risk that the battery would catch fire.
Sony said in a statement it had shipped 25,905 of the Vaio Fit 11A in 52 countries since its launch.
Sony said three PCs had caught on fire around the battery pack, which was manufactured by Panasonic Corp.
(Reporting by Reiji Murai; Writing by Edmund Klamann; Editing by Miral Fahmy)
- Nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail |
- Suspect in Pennsylvania police ambush captured after seven-week manhunt |
- Global shares jump, yen slumps as BOJ cranks up stimulus |
- Special Report: Tsunami evacuees caught in $30 billion Japan money trap
- Russia may resume gas supply next week if Ukraine pays $2.2 billion: Gazprom