Sony warns of battery fire risk in Vaio PCs launched in February
TOKYO (Reuters) - Sony Corp on Friday urged customers to stop using a model of its Vaio computers launched in February, saying there was a risk that the battery would catch fire.
Sony said in a statement it had shipped 25,905 of the Vaio Fit 11A in 52 countries since its launch.
Sony said three PCs had caught on fire around the battery pack, which was manufactured by Panasonic Corp.
(Reporting by Reiji Murai; Writing by Edmund Klamann; Editing by Miral Fahmy)
- Canada's parliament attacked near where PM Harper was speaking |
- NOAA employee charged with stealing U.S. dam information
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Special Report: Traffickers use abductions, prison ships to feed Asian slave trade
- Autopsy of slain Missouri teen shows close-range gunshot