Sony warns of battery fire risk in Vaio PCs launched in February
TOKYO (Reuters) - Sony Corp on Friday urged customers to stop using a model of its Vaio computers launched in February, saying there was a risk that the battery would catch fire.
Sony said in a statement it had shipped 25,905 of the Vaio Fit 11A in 52 countries since its launch.
Sony said three PCs had caught on fire around the battery pack, which was manufactured by Panasonic Corp.
(Reporting by Reiji Murai; Writing by Edmund Klamann; Editing by Miral Fahmy)
- Hong Kong police use pepper spray to disperse pro-democracy protesters |
- Putin calls for talks on east Ukraine 'statehood'; rebels fire on ship |
- Dozens arrested at Made in America music festival in Los Angeles
- Pakistani protesters push closer to PM house, force TV off the air |
- Israel claims West Bank land for possible settlement use, draws U.S. rebuke