Ukraine police says pro-Russian militants seize security service HQ
DONETSK, Ukraine, April 12
DONETSK, Ukraine, April 12 (Reuters) - Pro-Russian militants have seized a second building in the eastern city of Slaviansk, which houses the local headquarters of the state security service, police said on Saturday.
At least 20 armed militants took over the city's police headquarters earlier.
"The same group has seized the building of the SBU (security service) in Slaviansk," Donetsk regional police said in a statement. (Reporting by Pavel Polityuk and Conor Humphries; Editing by Pravin Char)
- Islamic State video claims to show beheading of U.S. journalist |
- Gaza war rages on, Hamas says Israel tried to kill its military chief |
- U.S. attorney general headed for racially charged St. Louis suburb
- 'No' from one Iraq villager triggered Islamic State mass killings |
- Islamic State says beheads U.S. journalist, holds another