National Bank of Kuwait Q1 net profit rises 3.2 pct
DUBAI, April 13
DUBAI, April 13 (Reuters) - National Bank of Kuwait , the Gulf Arab state's largest commercial lender, reported a 3.2 percent rise in first-quarter net profit on Sunday, edging ahead of analysts' expectations.
Net profit was 83.9 million dinars ($298.6 million) in the three months to the end of March, compared to 81.3 million dinars a year ago, it said in a bourse filing.
Five analysts in a Reuters poll had predicted 80.70 million dinars in net profit on average for the quarter. ($1 = 0.2810 Kuwaiti Dinars) (Reporting by David French; Editing by Andrew Torchia)
- Islamic State executes soldiers, takes hostages at Syria base: social media |
- Breakthrough hopes dented as Ukraine accuses Russia of new incursion |
- Gaza truce holding but Israel's Netanyahu under fire at home |
- WHO shuts Sierra Leone lab after worker infected with Ebola
- Ukraine warns Europe of Russian gas cut-off, Moscow denies