Lexicon Pharma's diabetes drug successful in mid-stage study
April 14 (Reuters) - Lexicon Pharmaceuticals Inc said its experimental drug to treat diabetes met the main goal of reducing the use of insulin at meal times in a mid-stage study on patients with type 1 diabetes.
The company's shares rose about 19 percent to $1.89 in trading before the bell.
Lexicon said the drug, codenamed LX4211, reduced the total dose of insulin taken by patients at meal times by 32 percent, compared with a 6 percent reduction in patients given a placebo. (Reporting by Vrinda Manocha in Bangalore; Editing by Kirti Pandey)
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, people leave early
- Two arrested in death of Saudi student in California: report
- Turkey to let Iraqi Kurds reinforce Kobani as U.S. drops arms to defenders
- After clashes, Hong Kong students, government stand their ground before talks |
- World stocks advance on strong data, earnings