JGBs steady to softer as traders adjust their positions ahead of auctions
TOKYO, April 14
TOKYO, April 14 (Reuters) - Japanese government bond prices are steady to slightly weaker on Monday with some minor position adjustments ahead of this week's auctions.
The 10-year JGB futures stood flat at 145.01 and the 10-year cash bond yield was untraded, with 0.60 percent seen as a strong support for the yield.
Traders tried to adjust their positions ahead of this week's two auctions, a five-year JGB auction on Tuesday and 20-year JGB auction on Thursday.
The five-year yield rose 1.0 basis point to 0.195 percent , while the 20-year yield rose 0.5 basis point to 1.490 percent. (Reporting by Masatsugu Hisatsune; Editing by Anand Basu)
- Carnage at U.N. school as Israel pounds Gaza refugee camp |
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site
- U.S. economy bounces back in second quarter
- EU and U.S. announce new sanctions on Russia over Ukraine |
- Obama says strains over Ukraine not leading to new Cold War with Russia