Quake measuring 6.1 magnitude strikes off Solomon Islands
SYDNEY (Reuters) - An earthquake measuring 6.1 magnitude struck off the Solomon Islands on Monday, around 90 km (55 miles) south of the city of Kira-Kira, the United States Geological Survey reported.
There were no immediate reports of casualties or damage.
The quake comes on the heels of a powerful magnitude 7.5 tremor that struck off the Pacific island nation over the weekend, sparking a tsunami warning.
- California passes 'yes-means-yes' campus sexual assault bill
- IBM launches Watson system for research, hopes for breakthroughs
- Separatists say will allow 'trapped' Ukrainian forces to withdraw |
- In town halls, U.S. lawmakers hear voter anger over illegal migrants |
- U.N. says 43 Golan peacekeepers seized by Syria militants, 81 trapped