US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St opens up on earnings, data mixed
NEW YORK, April 15
NEW YORK, April 15 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks opened slightly higher on Tuesday after earnings from Coca Cola and Johnson & Johnson overshadowed a mixed bag of economic data.
The Dow Jones industrial average rose 28.75 points or 0.18 percent, to 16,201.99, the S&P 500 gained 3.52 points or 0.19 percent, to 1,834.13 and the Nasdaq Composite added 8.063 points or 0.2 percent, to 4,030.757.
(Editing by Meredith Mazzilli)
- Ukraine says Russian tanks flatten town; EU to threaten more sanctions |
- F-16s dispatched for unresponsive pilot of small plane near D.C.
- Polish president warns Germany of Putin's 'empire' ambitions
- EU wields Russia sanctions threat but timing vague |
- Car tied to suspected threat against Obama found in Connecticut