STXNEWS LATAM-Brazil's BNDES approves $2.86 bln loan for Vale project
Brazil's national development bank BNDES has approved a 6.2 billion reais ($2.86 billion) loan for mining company Vale SA's expansion of the Carajas iron ore complex in the Amazon region, according to a statement released by the bank on Tuesday.
The financing will help fund a new unit at the complex that will boost iron output by 90 million tonnes per year and expand a railway in Para state, BNDES said. The project is expected to start operating in 2016.
($1 = 2.165 reais)
- Merkel says tightening Ukraine-Russian border is key to peace deal |
- Ferguson protest march marks two weeks since police shooting |
- Gaza gunmen execute 'collaborators'; mortar kills Israeli boy |
- U.S. hostage rescuers dropped from night sky: Syria activist
- Islamist militants on rise in Austria: government