STXNEWS LATAM-Brazil's Vale concludes deal to sell cargo unit stakes
Brazilian mining company Vale SA said on Tuesday it had concluded a transaction to sell 20 percent of its VLI SA general rail and port cargo unit to Tokyo-based trading company Mitsui Co for 1.51 billion reais ($508 million).
Vale also concluded the sale of 15.9 percent of VLI to Brazil's FGTS workers' compensation and retirement fund for 1.2 billion reais. Both deals were announced on Sept. 18.
($1 = 2.165 reais) (Caroline Stauffer)
- Tesla prevails in top Massachusetts court over direct sales
- Obama to send 3,000 troops to tackle Ebola
- World stocks hit one-month low, caution ahead of Fed
- Russia needs government investment to avoid recession, says former finance minister
- Ahead of independence vote, Britain pledges state funding to Scotland