Cairo sole bidder for Italy digital TV frequencies-ministry
ROME, April 15
ROME, April 15 (Reuters) - Cairo Communications is the only bidder in Italy's auction of digital television frequencies, the Industry Ministry said on Tuesday.
The rules of the auction, which were announced a year ago, prevented the main established operators from bidding for the full package of frequency licences.
This ruled out Mediaset, state broadcaster RAI and Telecom Italia.
The Ministry said Cairo Communications would have 30 days to present its offer for one or more groups of frequencies with a guarantee to provide service to 51 percent of Italy's population within five years. (Reporting By Philip Pullella)
- D'Souza gets community confinement for election law violation
- U.S. and Arab allies launch first strikes on fighters in Syria |
- Three killed, including shooter, at UPS facility in Alabama
- Israel downs Syrian warplane it says violated its Golan airspace
- Argentina's Fernandez to meet billionaire investor Soros in New York