Japan Aso: Told G20 that Japan's economy in good shape
TOKYO (Reuters) - Japanese Finance Minister Taro Aso said on Wednesday that he explained to his Group of 20 counterparts in Washington that Japan's economy is in good shape due to improving wages and business sentiment.
Aso, speaking after a cabinet meeting, also said he explained at a recent G20 summit that Japan has managed to balance growth with fiscal discipline.
(Reporting by Stanley White; Editing by Dominic Lau)
- Gaza fighting abates as diplomatic tension flares |
- Hague court rules in favor of Yukos shareholders vs Russia, awards $50 billion: source
- Pushing locals aside, Russians take top rebel posts in east Ukraine
- Obama could curb corporate 'inversions' on his own: ex-U.S. official
- Family of five found shot dead in Maine home: police