Zebra Tech to buy Motorola Solutions' unit for $3.5 billion: FT
(Reuters) - Barcode printer maker Zebra Technologies has agreed to buy Motorola Solutions Inc's enterprise business for $3.5 billion in cash, the Financial Times reported, citing people familiar with the discussions.
The deal was agreed in the past few days and could be announced as early as Tuesday, the newspaper said. (r.reuters.com/cap77v)
Motorola Solutions' enterprise business, which makes rugged mobile computers and tablets for businesses, has struggled as companies delay orders and cut down on spending.
Sales in Motorola's enterprise business rose to $736 million from $733 million, for the fourth-quarter ended December 31.
(Reporting by Supriya Kurane in Bangalore; Editing by Sunil Nair)
- Bible left in North Korean sailor's club triggered U.S. tourist's arrest
- U.S. House passes border-security funding bill to speed deportations |
- Tape emerges of Clinton discussing bin Laden day before 9/11 attack
- Exposure of health workers weakens Africa's Ebola fight
- Israel looks for missing soldier; Hamas says he may have been killed |