VIETNAM PRESS-Asia Commercial Bank recovers 18 pct of fraud loss - Tuoi Tre
Vietnam's Asia Commercial Bank last year recovered 1.25 trillion dong ($59.3 million), or 18 percent of the loss from a fraud case by its founder Nguyen Duc Kien, the bank said in its annual general meeting on Monday, the Tuoi Tre (Youth) newspaper reports.
The Hanoi-based lender would recover another 3 trillion dong in 2014, or 45 percent of the total loss, the report said.
NOTE: Reuters has not verified this story and does not vouch for its accuracy. ($1 = 21,090 dong) (Hanoi Newsroom; Editing by Sunil Nair)
- China food scandal spreads, drags in Starbucks, Burger King and McNuggets in Japan |
- Israel pounds Gaza despite international peace efforts |
- Train carrying MH17 bodies on final journey reaches Ukraine city |
- Islamic State crushes and coerces on march towards Baghdad
- Jokowi party claims victory in Indonesian presidential election