American Express profit rises 12 percent
April 16 (Reuters) - American Express Co reported a 12 percent rise in quarterly profit as its credit-card customers spent more in a recovering U.S economy.
The world's biggest credit card issuer's net income rose to $1.43 billion, or $1.33 per share, for the first quarter ended March 31, from $1.28 billion, or $1.15 per share, a year earlier.
Total revenue, net of interest expense, rose 4 percent to $8.20 billion. (Reporting by Aman Shah in Bangalore; Editing by Sriraj Kalluvila)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Canada PM vows crackdown after capital shocked by fatal attacks |
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- U.S.-led air strikes killed 521 fighters, 32 civilians in Syria: monitor