RPT-Getinge Q1 profit falls less than expected
(Repeats without changes to cover additional alerts)
STOCKHOLM, April 16 (Reuters) - Swedish medical technology firm Getinge posted a 15.4 percent fall in first-quarter core profit on Wednesday, better than analyst had forecast, and saw restructuring costs for the year swelling to 960 million crowns.
Earnings before interest, taxes, amortisation and restructuring costs fell to 670 million Swedish crowns ($102 million) from a year-earlier 792 million. The mean forecast in a Reuters poll of analysts was for 528 million.
The medical technology group issued its third profit warning in just over a year in March as it said it faced more than a year of heavy spending to boost its quality controls.
It said then that it expected consultants brought in to address the issues to cost about 125 million crowns per quarter for a period of six to seven quarters.
($1 = 6.5695 Swedish Crowns) (Reporting by Mia Shanley)
- More troops deployed in Ferguson to guard against fresh riots |
- Merkel hits diplomatic dead-end with Putin
- Jewish-nation bill frays Israel's delicate social fabric
- Ukraine reports new arrivals of Russian supplies for eastern rebels |
- Gunshots echo as violence returns to Ferguson, protests across U.S.