Goldcorp launches campaign to take over Osisko board
April 16 (Reuters) - Goldcorp Inc said on Wednesday it is nominating 11 candidates, including its chief executive, for election to the board of takeover target Osisko Mining Corp at Osisko's May 20 annual meeting.
All but one of the nominees are Goldcorp directors or officers. The other nominee, Clement Pelletier, has been nominated to join Goldcorp's board at its own upcoming annual meeting.
Goldcorp raised its hostile takeover offer for Osisko last week. (Reporting by Allison Martell)
- NOAA employee charged with stealing U.S. dam information
- Autopsy of slain Missouri teen shows close-range gunshot: report
- Special Report: Traffickers use abductions, prison ships to feed Asian slave trade
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Hong Kong protesters march after fruitless talks with government