Russian electronics retailer M.video Q1 sales up 8 pct
MOSCOW, April 16
MOSCOW, April 16 (Reuters) - M.video, Russia's biggest consumer electronics retailer, said on Wednesday its first-quarter sales growth kept pace with growth in the previous quarter despite weakening consumer confidence.
M.video said sales rose 8 percent to 47 billion roubles ($1.3 billion) as it opened a net seven stores and increased online-based sales by 113 percent, year-on-year.
Like-for-like sales grew 1 percent after falling by 1.8 percent in the final quarter of 2013. ($1 = 36.1340 Russian Roubles) (Reporting by Maria Kiselyova; Editing by Megan Davies)
- First Ebola victim in Sierra Leone capital on the run
- Former WWE champ nabs suspected burglar in Arizona
- Apple iPhones allow extraction of deep personal data, researcher finds
- EU edges to economic sanctions on Russia but narrows scope |
- China's Guangdong province removes over 850 'naked officials' from their posts