Russian electronics retailer M.video Q1 sales up 8 pct
MOSCOW, April 16
MOSCOW, April 16 (Reuters) - M.video, Russia's biggest consumer electronics retailer, said on Wednesday its first-quarter sales growth kept pace with growth in the previous quarter despite weakening consumer confidence.
M.video said sales rose 8 percent to 47 billion roubles ($1.3 billion) as it opened a net seven stores and increased online-based sales by 113 percent, year-on-year.
Like-for-like sales grew 1 percent after falling by 1.8 percent in the final quarter of 2013. ($1 = 36.1340 Russian Roubles) (Reporting by Maria Kiselyova; Editing by Megan Davies)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Man arrested near Canada's prime minister in sign of tensions |
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- U.S.-led air strikes killed 521 fighters, 32 civilians in Syria: monitor