URGENT-Sony sells 7 million Playstation consoles
SAN FRANCISCO, April 16
SAN FRANCISCO, April 16 (Reuters) - Sony Corp has sold over 7 million Playstation 4 video game consoles as of April 6, the company said on Wednesday.
In February, the Japanese company said it surpassed its full-year target of 5 million units by the end of March.
The console went on sale on Nov. 29 in the United States, Western Europe and Latin America, around the same time that rival Microsoft Corp's Xbox One was released. That console topped 3 million units at the end of last year. (Reporting by Malathi Nayak. Editing by Andre Grenon)
- 'Weird Al' Yankovic still trying to wrap head around No. 1 album
- World's oldest joke traced back to 1900 BC
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane |
- Crunch time for Gaza truce talks as death toll passes 800 |
- Wreckage of Air Algerie plane carrying 116 people found in Mali |