Ukraine says pro-Russian separatists seize six of its troop carriers
KIEV, April 16
KIEV, April 16 (Reuters) - Pro-Russia separatists on Wednesday seized six armoured personnel carriers from the Ukrainian armed forces with the help of Russian agents, Ukraine's defence ministry said.
"A column was blocked by a crowd of local people in Kramatorsk with members of a Russian diversionary-terrorist group among them," the statement said. "As a result of the blocking, extremists seized the equipment."
The statement said the troop carriers were now in Slaviansk, guarded by "people in uniforms who have no relation to Ukraine's armed forces."
- China food scandal spreads, drags in Starbucks, Burger King and McNuggets in Japan |
- U.S. court rulings create new uncertainty over Obamacare
- Israel pounds Gaza despite international peace efforts |
- EU readies possible capital, tech sanctions on Russia
- Train carrying MH17 bodies on final journey reaches Ukraine city |