DuPont profit falls 57 pct after sale of performance coating unit
April 17 (Reuters) - Chemicals maker DuPont reported a 57 percent fall in first-quarter net income due to the sale of its performance coating business, which added almost $2 billion to earnings in the year-earlier quarter.
Net income attributable to DuPont dropped to $1.44 billion, or $1.54 per share, in the quarter ended March 31, from $3.35 billion, or $3.58 per share, a year earlier.
Revenue fell nearly 3 percent to $10.13 billion. (Reporting by Swetha Gopinath in Bangalore)
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Secret Service investigates after man jumps White House fence, reaches doors
- About 60,000 Syrian Kurds flee to Turkey from Islamic State advance |
- U.S. immigration protesters drop U.S. border blockade plan
- California governor rejects bills to help men change diapers