Kenya's Equity Bank says Q1 profit rises 21 pct
NAIROBI, April 17
NAIROBI, April 17 (Reuters) - Equity Bank of Kenya posted a 21 percent rise in first quarter pretax profit to 5.4 billion shillings ($62.14 million), lifted by growth in its loan book, the bank said on Thursday.
The bank's net loans and advances to customers rose 28 percent to 179.3 billion shillings, Chief Executive Officer James Mwangi told an investor briefing in Nairobi.
($1 = 86.9000 Kenyan Shillings) (Reporting by George Obulutsa; Editing by James Macharia)
- British Muslims blame jihadi subculture after beheading video |
- Obama condemns killing of reporter, U.S. hits militants in Iraq |
- Israeli air strike kills three Hamas commanders in Gaza |
- Global stocks extend rally, S&P at new high as data signals growth
- Thai junta leader appointed PM by hand-picked parliament |