Schlumberger profit from cont ops jumps 33 pct
April 17 (Reuters) - Schlumberger Ltd, the world's largest oilfield services company, reported nearly 33 percent rise in quarterly profit from continued operations.
Net income from continuing operations rose to $1.59 billion, or $1.21 per share, in the first quarter ended March 31, from $1.20 billion, or 90 cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue rose about 6 percent to $11.24 billion. (Reporting by Arnab Sen in Bangalore; Editing by Joyjeet Das)
- First Ebola case diagnosed in the United States: CDC |
- U.S. experts hunt for Ebola exposure after first case |
- Turkey vows to fight Islamic State, coalition strikes near border
- Advanced iOS virus targeting Hong Kong protestors -security firm
- Hong Kong's embattled leader believes protests could last weeks: source |