Microsoft's Xbox One sales cross 5 million
SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Microsoft Corp has sold over 5 million Xbox One video game consoles to retailers since its launch in November, the company said on Thursday.
In January, the U.S. software company said Xbox One sales had crossed three million as of the end of 2013.
The console went on sale on November 22 in 13 countries, including the United States, United Kingdom and Australia, a week before rival Sony Corp's PlayStation 4 was released.
Sony said on Wednesday it sold over 7 million PlayStation 4 units as of April 6 and is struggling to keep up with consumer demand.
(Reporting by Malathi Nayak. Editing by Andre Grenon)
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- U.S. nurse quarantined over Ebola criticizes her treatment |
- Washington state teen shooter's family living in 'nightmare'
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades