Merck extends AZ offer again over Chinese antitrust issues
FRANKFURT, April 18
FRANKFURT, April 18 (Reuters) - German liquid crystal maker Merck KGaA extended the offer period for its planned takeover of AZ Electronic Materials for a sixth time on Friday as it continues to seek Chinese antitrust approval.
The offer period has been extended to until 1200 GMT on May 2, Merck said in a statement.
It said China's Ministry of Commerce had "raised certain specific concerns that Merck is working with the Chinese authorities to address".
- U.S. air strikes on Syria would face formidable obstacles
- Samsung unveils smartwatch that can make calls
- Russian-backed separatists enter southeast Ukraine town
- FBI, Secret Service investigate reports of cyber attacks on U.S. banks
- Breakthrough hopes dented as Ukraine accuses Russia of new incursion |