Genco Shipping files for bankruptcy protection
April 21 (Reuters) - Genco Shipping & Trading Ltd said it filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection after struggling with weak rates due to an oversupply of vessels.
The company said earlier this month it would file for bankruptcy as part of a deal with lenders.
Genco said it expects its operations to continue normally. (Reporting by Anannya Pramanick in Bangalore; Editing by Don Sebastian)
- Former WWE champ nabs suspected burglar in Arizona
- First Ebola victim in Sierra Leone capital on the run
- Thousands take to N.Y. streets to protest Israeli offensive in Gaza
- Apple iPhones allow extraction of deep personal data, researcher finds
- U.S. fighter jets escort Canadian plane home over passenger threat