US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St opens flat as earnings deluge looms
NEW YORK, April 21
NEW YORK, April 21 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks opened flat on Monday as investors found few reasons to keep buying following a strong rally last week and ahead of a heavy week of corporate earnings.
The Dow Jones industrial average rose 12 points or 0.07 percent, to 16,420.54, the S&P 500 gained 0.89 points or 0.05 percent, to 1,865.74 and the Nasdaq Composite added 7.013 points or 0.17 percent, to 4,102.529.
(Reporting by Ryan Vlastelica)
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon
- British Muslims blame jihadi subculture after beheading video |
- Israeli air strike kills three Hamas commanders in Gaza |
- U.S. aid workers who survived Ebola leave Atlanta hospital |
- National Guard to withdraw from riot-torn Ferguson, Missouri |