Perfect World joins consortium offering to buy out Shanda Games
April 21 (Reuters) - China's online game developer Perfect World Co Ltd said it joined the consortium offering to buy rival Shanda Games Ltd.
Perfect World said it would buy 30.3 million class A Shanda Games shares for $100 million from Shanda Interactive Entertainment Ltd, a shareholder in Shanda Games.
Shanda Interactive and an affiliate of investment firm Primavera Capital, who together own 76.2 percent of Shanda Games, offered to buy the company in a deal that valued it at $1.9 billion in January. (Reporting by Sruthi Ramakrishnan in Bangalore; Editing by Savio D'Souza)
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, people leave early
- Two arrested in death of Saudi student in California: report
- Turkey to let Iraqi Kurds reinforce Kobani as U.S. drops arms to defenders
- After clashes, Hong Kong students, government stand their ground before talks |
- Solid data, earnings push world stocks higher