Proxy adviser backs miner Sherritt against activist
TORONTO, April 21
TORONTO, April 21 (Reuters) - Proxy adviser Institutional Shareholder Services is backing Sherritt International Corp in its proxy battle, the Canadian miner said on Monday, recommending that clients withhold votes from a slate of board nominees put forward by activist investor George Armoyan.
Armoyan is chief executive of Clarke Inc, a Halifax, Nova Scotia-based investment holding company listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange.
Shareholders affiliated with Armoyan, including Clarke, together beneficially own some 5 percent of Sherritt's shares. (Reporting by Allison Martell; Editing by Steve Orlofsky)
- U.S. nurse defies Maine's Ebola quarantine, takes bike ride |
- Clashes erupt as Israeli police kill Palestinian suspected of shooting Jewish far-rightist
- SoftBank's humanoid robot lands job as Nescafe salesman
- Ukraine gas supplies in doubt as Russia seeks EU payment deal
- Dollar surges as Fed ends QE on hawkish note