Perfect World joins consortium offering to buy out Shanda Games
(Reuters) - China's online game developer Perfect World Co Ltd said it joined the consortium offering to buy rival Shanda Games Ltd.
Perfect World said it would buy 30.3 million class A Shanda Games shares for $100 million from Shanda Interactive Entertainment Ltd, a shareholder in Shanda Games.
Shanda Interactive and an affiliate of investment firm Primavera Capital, who together own 76.2 percent of Shanda Games, offered to buy the company in a deal that valued it at $1.9 billion in January.
(Reporting by Sruthi Ramakrishnan in Bangalore; Editing by Savio D'Souza)
- Islamic State executes soldiers, takes hostages at Syria base: social media
- Breakthrough hopes dented as Ukraine accuses Russia of new incursion |
- Gaza truce holding but Israel's Netanyahu under fire at home |
- WHO shuts Sierra Leone lab after worker infected with Ebola
- IMF's Lagarde put under investigation in French fraud case |