Perfect World joins consortium offering to buy out Shanda Games
(Reuters) - China's online game developer Perfect World Co Ltd said it joined the consortium offering to buy rival Shanda Games Ltd.
Perfect World said it would buy 30.3 million class A Shanda Games shares for $100 million from Shanda Interactive Entertainment Ltd, a shareholder in Shanda Games.
Shanda Interactive and an affiliate of investment firm Primavera Capital, who together own 76.2 percent of Shanda Games, offered to buy the company in a deal that valued it at $1.9 billion in January.
(Reporting by Sruthi Ramakrishnan in Bangalore; Editing by Savio D'Souza)
- Israel intensifies Gaza assault, Egyptians revise truce plan |
- Putin may have passed point of no-return over Ukraine
- Special Report: Where Ukraine's separatists get their weapons
- EU agrees first broad sanctions on Russia; U.S. expected to follow
- Obama wrote Putin about violation of nuclear treaty -White House