Bank of New York Mellon reports first-quarter profit
April 22 (Reuters) - Bank of New York Mellon Corp reported a first-quarter profit on Tuesday as rising markets drove up its assets under custody and administration.
The large New York trust bank reported net income of $661 million, or 57 cents per share, compared with a year-earlier loss of $266 million, or 23 cents per share, on a charge from a tax ruling.
Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S on average expected the bank to earn 53 cents per share in the quarter.
Assets under custody and/or administration were $27.9 trillion on March 31, the bank said, up 6 percent from a year earlier.
(Reporting by Ross Kerber)
- U.S. nurse defies Maine's Ebola quarantine, takes bike ride |
- Clashes erupt as Israeli police kill Palestinian suspected of shooting Jewish far-rightist
- Apple's Cook: 'I'm proud to be gay'
- SoftBank's humanoid robot lands job as Nescafe salesman
- Ukraine, Russia, EU likely to agree gas supply deal Thursday: officials