LED maker Cree's quarterly revenue below estimate, shares fall
April 22 (Reuters) - Cree Inc, a maker of light emitting diodes, reported a lower-than-expected quarterly revenue, sending its shares down 8 percent in extended trading.
The company's net income rose to $28.2 million, or 23 cents per share, in the third quarter ended March 30 from $22.2 million, or 19 cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue rose 16 percent to $405.3 million.
Excluding items, the Durham, North Carolina-based company earned 39 cents per share.
Analysts on average had expected a profit of 38 cents per share on revenue of $407.3 million, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Cree's shares closed at $58.05 on the Nasdaq on Tuesday. (Reporting by Lehar Maan in Bangalore; Editing by Kirti Pandey)
- Israel pummels Gaza; Kerry steps up diplomatic push |
- Ukraine war crimes trials a step closer after Red Cross assessment
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid behind cabin wall, bags of cash at hand
- With sales sputtering, Apple's iPad looks to IBM alliance
- Five held in China food scandal probe, including head of Shanghai Husi Food