Dubai's Emaar Properties Q1 net profit rises 55 pct
DUBAI, April 22
DUBAI, April 22 (Reuters) - Dubai's Emaar Properties reported a 55 percent rise in first-quarter net profit on Tuesday that was slightly below analyst estimates.
The builder of the world's tallest tower, the Burj Khalifa, reported a profit of 863 million dirhams ($234.96 million) in the three months to March 31, it said in a statement. This compares with a profit of 556 million dirhams in the prior year period.
Analysts polled by Reuters on average forecast Emaar would make a quarterly profit of 873 million dirhams. ($1 = 3.6730 UAE Dirhams) (Reporting by Matt Smith; Editing by David French)
- Nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail |
- Suspect in Pennsylvania police ambush captured after seven-week manhunt
- Oil price declines have small-cap shale investors scrambling
- Japan shares soar, yen skids after BOJ stuns with more easing steps
- China says nets 180 graft suspects in overseas manhunt