United Tech posts lower net profit, but gives more bullish 2014 view
April 22 (Reuters) - United Technologies Corp reported a lower quarterly net profit on Tuesday, weighed down by restructuring costs, but the diversified manufacturer gave a rosier profit view for 2014.
First-quarter net income fell to $1.21 billion, or $1.32 per share, from $1.27 billion, or $1.39 per share, a year earlier, when the company received some one-time benefits.
United Tech projected full-year earnings of $6.65 to $6.85 per share, raising the low end from $6.55. (Reporting by Lewis Krauskopf; Editing by Lisa Von Ahn)
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Secret Service investigates after man jumps White House fence, reaches doors
- French jets strike in Iraq, expanding U.S.-led campaign against Islamic State |
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote, devolution battle begins |
- N.Korea says imprisoned American tried to become 'second Snowden'