Senator Boozman undergoes heart surgery in Arkansas
(Reuters) - Senator John Boozman of Arkansas was recovering from heart surgery on Tuesday, his office said in a statement.
The 63-year-old Republican was taken to a hospital in Rogers, Arkansas, overnight after experiencing pain in his chest and arm and "responded well" to the surgery, the statement said.
"Boozman's family has visited with him and are hopeful for a full recovery," the statement said.
Boozman won his first term in the Senate in 2010 after serving five terms in the U.S. House of Representatives.
- Ukraine accuses Russia of "undisguised aggression" as rebels advance |
- Disruptive Hong Kong protests loom after China rules out democracy |
- Syrian army, rebels fight on Golan where peacekeepers held |
- NATO to create new 'spearhead' force to respond to crises
- Investors look past Ukraine, focus on ECB