Boeing's quarterly revenue rises 8 pct
April 23 (Reuters) - Boeing Co reported an 8 percent increase in quarterly revenue, helped by a rise in commercial aircraft deliveries.
Revenue rose to $20.47 billion for the first quarter ended March 31 from $18.89 billion a year earlier.
Commercial aircraft deliveries rose 18 percent to 161.
The company earned $965 million, or $1.28 per share, down from $1.11 billion, or $1.44 per share, a year earlier.
Core earnings, which exclude some pension and other costs, rose to $1.76 per share from $1.73.
For 2014, the company said it expects core earnings to be between $7.15 per share and $7.35 per share. (Reporting by Sweta Singh; Editing by Sriraj Kalluvila)
- California passes 'yes-means-yes' campus sexual assault bill
- IBM launches Watson system for research, hopes for breakthroughs
- Separatists say will allow 'trapped' Ukrainian forces to withdraw |
- In town halls, U.S. lawmakers hear voter anger over illegal migrants |
- U.N. says 43 Golan peacekeepers seized by Syria militants, 81 trapped