Dow Chemical profit rises 75% on strong plastics pricing, margins
April 23 (Reuters) - Dow Chemical Co reported a 75 percent rise in quarterly profit, helped by higher prices for its plastics products and higher margins in most of its businesses.
Net income rose to $964 million, or 79 cents per share, in the first quarter ended March 31, from $550 million, or 46 cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue at Dow, the largest U.S. chemical maker by sales, rose 0.5 percent to $14.46 billion. (Reporting by Swetha Gopinath in Bangalore)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Canada's Harper pledges tougher security laws after attack |
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- U.S.-led air strikes killed 521 fighters, 32 civilians in Syria: monitor